Thursday, September 17, 2009

THRIFTY THURSDAY - I LOVE MY NEW BENCH


I found a new place to "thrift" shop and I love it, Habit for Humanity Store. I have been twice and both times I left with something. I have been redecorating our home office over the past couple of weeks. I have been wanting a bench and I hit the jackpot.

Here is the before picture:


I only paid $7 for the bench.

After some soap and water, spray paint, batting, fabric and a staple gun, I ended up with this.





Here is a close up to show the material.


I am very happy with my bench.

(Sorry for the pictures but a photographer I am not!)

You can find other great thrifty finds and ideas at

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I love it! What a treasure. Plus, the money goes to an excellent cause. It's a win all the way around:)

Old Time Cindy said...

I have a recent fondness for benches and keep bring them home. Yours is a great find and redo.
Thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I'm IN LOVE with your bench. In my home it would be a ROLL TIDE bench (Univeristy of Alabama) I love the houndstooth fabric! Great find my friend!Thanks for linking up this week!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Kristin - The Goat said...

That bench it divine! Love the legs on her :) Staple guns are such a great tool - I've made my own headboards with wood, batting, fabric and that trusty staple gun.

You may not stop recovering stuff now - better watch out! :)

Kristin - The Goat

Ally's Corner said...

What a cool find!!! You did a great job.

Ally

Maria said...

Thanks for everyones comments. I love my bench more and more each day. I really think its the fabric that makes it.