Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thrifty Christmas Gifts Series - Gift #1

I have decided to share with you some awesome deals that I have gotten while Christmas shopping.  It never ceases to amaze me how much money I save each year.  I always make my Christmas list in July.  I list each name along with an amount and any ideas I may have for a gift.  The next thing I do is go through my gift closet and pull out any things that I have purchased throughout the year that I have found on clearance, on sale or even gotten for FREE with a coupon.  I usually find 2 or 3 gifts in my gift closet.  I update my list and place any gifts that I find in my Christmas tote box.  This way all gifts are kept together and I always know what I have.

This year I decided to do something new or at least new for me.  I have never given baked goodies before as gift.  This year I am giving small loaves of Omish Cinnamon Bread.  It is wonderful.  I am giving one as a hostess gift on Saturday.  I gave one to my daughters bus driver.  I gave three to the front office employees at her school.    I am also giving one to my mail lady.

I was given the starter from a friend and I already had almost everything needed to make.  I did spend right at $4 when for the remaining ingredients needed.


Do you give homemade goodies as gifts?

No comments: