Friday, December 20, 2013

Thrifty Christmas Gift Series - Gift #2


Teachers are truly a blessing.  Payton has 2 wonderful teachers this year.  I really wanted to give them a nice gift this year.  I saw something similiar to this on Pinterest and decided this would be wonderful.  Plus, I love to put together gift baskets.  Teachers spend so much money out of their pockets each year in supplies.  I hoped this would be greatly appreciated and it was.  They loved it and both thought it was a clever idea.  I was shocked with how much I was able to give for so little.  Below is what each basket contained and how much I spent total.

Basket - $1 Dollar Tree
Notebook - .15 each - Purchased during Back to School Sales
(2) Packs of Pens - FREE - Purchased with coupon last year
Crayons - .25 each - Back to School Sales
Glue Sticks - 5/$3 - .60 each x 3 -= $1.80
Post It Notes - $1 for a pack of 6 = .16 each x 3 per basket Dollar Tree
Kleenex - .67 each with coupon at CVS
Pencils 12 pk - $1 - Dollar Tree
Dry Erase Markers - $3.52
Erasers 40 pk - $1 Dollar Tree
Pack of Paper - FREE - This was given to me and I never have used it so I decided to include in gift basket.
Small Stocking with (2) Mechanical Pencils and (2) Highlighters - .25 each for stockings clearance last year and FREE pencils and highlighters that I had purchased for FREE during back to school sales
Personalized Notepads from Vistaprint - $3.86

Total Spent - $13.98 plus tax


What do you give teachers for Christmas gifts?



No comments: