Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Experiences of Playing Outdoors with My Family

Some of my greatest memories of my childhood include playing outside.  It was something I looked forward to every spring and summer.  I never knew what the day would bring.

I was fortunate enough to live in a neighborhood full of children.  There were several of us almost the same age.  Back in those days, we would go out to play in the mornings, come home for lunch and then go back outside and play until dark.   We were never bored.  There was always something to do.  Some of my favorite things were riding bikes, playing tag, making mud pies, playing in the creek, and playing hide and seek. 

Now that I am a mom, I look forward to spring and summer.  It is my favorite time of the year.  I like to spend time outside with my kids.  I try to show them that there is always something to do.  I am so excited for spring to finally get here I make a list of things I want to do during the summer.  We have been inside all winter and it is so nice to be able to finally get outside.  Here is a few of our favorite things we did over the summer.

- Went fishing - Fishing is a favorite of my husbands so he was excited to take the kids fishing.  My daughter caught her first bass.  It was a proud moment for my husband.

- Went on a Picnic - Nothing easier than spreading a blanket in the grass and eating outside.  Any change to your routine is always good plus my kids love it.

- Going to the Park - We could stay there all day.  Feeling the sun on your face and spending the day with other moms and children is always fun.

- Swimming - We love the water.  It is a great way to stay cool in the summer on those hot, humid summer days here in NC.

- Beach - We take a trip to the beach every summer.  Nothing better than spending the day and evening outside on the beach.

- Spend the day at home outside - Endless games to play .... tag, hide and seek, bubble maker, and paint the sidewalk.  Painting the sidewalk is something we started this past summer.  All you need is a bucket of water and a paintbrush.  Endless hours of fun.

Another great thing we enjoy in the summer is planting a garden.  My kids love to watch the plants grow, bloom, and eventually turn into a vegetable.  Fun for them to watch and a great way to encourage kids to eat vegetables. 

If you can't tell by now, summer is my favorite time of the year.  Sun filled days are always fun around here.  Endless possibilities of things to do.  I hope everyone had a great summer and I look forward to the next summer. 
 
September 24 is Worldwide Day of Play.  Kids and families are encouraged to participate. Turn off the TV and play outside.  Physical activity can improve health, self-esteem and the well being of children.  Take the Clorox2 Play 2Day pledge to play outside - http://clorox2play2day.com/

Disclosure:  “I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox2® blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

About Clorox:The Clorox Company is a leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer products with 8,100 employees and fiscal year 2011 revenues of $5.2 billion. Clorox markets some of consumers' most trusted and recognized brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products, Green Works® naturally derived home care products, Pine-Sol® cleaners, Poett® home care products, Fresh Step® cat litter, Kingsford® charcoal, Hidden Valley® and K C Masterpiece® dressings and sauces, Brita® water-filtration products, Glad® bags, wraps and containers, and Burt’s Bees® natural personal care products. Nearly 90 percent of Clorox Company brands hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories. The company’s products are manufactured in more than two dozen countries and sold in more than 100 countries. Clorox is committed to making a positive difference in the communities where its employees work and live. Founded in 1980, The Clorox Company Foundation has awarded cash grants totaling more than $84 million to nonprofit organizations, schools and colleges. In fiscal year 2011 alone, the foundation awarded $4 million in cash grants, and Clorox made product donations valued at $13 million. For more information about Clorox, visit www.TheCloroxCompany.com.

More info on Clorox Play2Day

Clorox on Facebook

Follow @clorox Name on Twitter

No comments: