Thursday, April 7, 2011

Extreme Couponing - Realistic or Unrealistic?


I admit I did not watch the new episode of Extreme Couponing on TLC last night.  However, I did watch the first episode a month or so ago.  I like everyone else use coupons to save money.  I feel like I am making money by using them.  Why spend a $1 on something when you don't have to? 

I did not learn anything new by watching "Extreme Couponing".  The show seemed very unrealistic to me.  It also made the ladies/gentleman on the show to look a little bit off their rocker.  Why would anyone purchase so many items in a store that they have to spend 6 hours just to check out?  Why would anyone miss a family outing or give up spending time with their husband just to shop with coupons?  There is no sale worth that.

Here is a few other things I didn't agree with:

- Don't clear the shelves when you find a sale, save some for others.  There is such a thing as coupon etiquette.
- My stores have a limit on the number of coupons you can use in a transaction.  This policy didn't seem to apply to any store featured in the show.  Why is that?
- I have a stockpile but nothing in comparison to ones featured on the show.  Seriously, how many people have rooms in their home dedicated to just store items purchased with coupons?  My stockpile is contained to my pantry, stand alone freezer, and bathroom closet.
- I use the binder method to use file my coupon inserts.  I do want to waste hours each week to cut coupons.
- Purchasing numerous papers each week is not necessary to me.  Here is a list of where I get my coupons.

Did you watch the show?  If so, what did you think?  Did it seem realistic or unrealistic to you?  Does it make couponers look bad?  Will stores take notice and possibly change their coupon policies?

   

No comments: