Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ways I Saved/Earned Money This Week

This is what I have done in the past couple of weeks to save/earn money.

- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily for my account and my husband's to add points to receive FREE gift cards.

- Cleaned out my coupon binder.

- Continued to use my FREE samples this week including - lotion, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, stickers and lip conditioner.

- Only used my dishwasher once this week.

- Requested a few FREE samples.


- Stuck to my menu plan this week. No eating out.

- Used my gas rewards card from Save A Lot and saved .10 per gallon when filling up.

- Continued to cut my dryer sheets in half to save.

-  Planned my grocery shopping using sales and coupons. 

- Entered Coke Reward Points and Huggies Rewards point to each account for FREE gift cards, coupons and gifts.

- Read a couple of FREE magazines = FREE entertainment.

- Payton and I went back to the library Friday and checked out a few more books. 

- Went to a surprise birthday dinner at Chilis, used my coupon for a FREE flatbread pizza.

- Payton went to a birthday party.  Nothing OOP spent for a gift.  Already had a gift in my gift closet, a card, gift bag and tissue paper.

- Took the kids to the playground while running errands Friday.  FREE entertainment and they had a blast.

- My brother gave us FREE tickets to our local minor league baseball team for last Tuesday night.  Tuesday was Bryson's birthday so it worked out perfectly.  Our tickets were in the club area so we also got free parking, free food including buffet, salad bar, hot dog station, carving station, popcorn, peanuts, ice cream, drinks and dh enjoyed a couple free beers.  I did spent $6 in the kid zone so Payton and Bryson could ride the carosel, slide down the bouncy slide and jump in the bouncy house.  Bryson had so much fun.  It was a great night.  Huge thanks to my brother for the tickets!!!

- Stayed home 2 days this week.  Saved gas by doing so.

-Cashed in Swagbucks for a $5 Amazon gift card.

- Purchased the kids the rest of their summer clothes.  Found lots of great deals on sale plus used a coupon.


No comments: