Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thrifty Teacher's Gift Baskets - $46 worth of items for only $12

 


I am very proud of the gift baskets I made for Payton's teachers. Planning ahead definitely saved me lots of money.  I was able to put together a $46 gift basket for only $12.   Here is how I did it.

Christmas Container - Dollar General $2




Starbucks Tumbler and Starbucks Hot Cocoa - $15.98 - Used a Starbucks gift card that I won from another blog giveaway



Tiny Prints Personalized Notepads - $16.99 - Used a gift card I had earned



Bic Pens - $1 - I got these for FREE with a coupon during the year



Staples $10 gift Card



Planning ahead saves me money plus takes away a little stress during the holiday season.  I already had the ribbon and the basket bag.  I think they turned out great and I can't wait for Payton to give them to her teachers tomorrow.

Did you make any gift baskets as gifts this year?

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

I didn't make any gift baskets this year. Yours is a fantastic idea. I did use these same containers to fill with party mix for my children though. They are so cute.

Maria said...

Thanks Precious! Payton's were thrilled with their gift baskets. I too loved the containers.