Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ways I Saved/Earned Money This Week

- I read all of my Inbox Dollars emails for my account and my husband's daily to add money to our accounts.

- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily for my account and my husband's to add points to receive FREE gift cards.

- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.

- Printed a couple of coupons for future shopping trips.

- Continued to use my FREE samples this week including - lip balm, dish detergent (full size bottle), dryer sheets, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.

- Cashed in my Swagbucks for a $5 Amazon gift card.

- Purchased items at Target in their Christmas clearance section for next Christmas.

- Added several Christmas bags and boxes to my supply for next year, recycled from gifts I received for Christmas.

- We did NOT eat out at all last week.  Money in my pocket.  This is our biggest downfall when trying to stick to a budget.

- Stayed at home almost all week, gas money saved.

- Added several items to my yard sale/flea market storage bins.

- Payton and I had our 6 month dentist checkup and cleaning.  We receive 2 FREE cleanings each year with our insurance.

- Ordered a FREE Photo Book from Shutterfly using a coupon that sent me.  Only had to pay shipping and handling.  Love this since I try to do photo books for special occasions, holidays and birthdays.

- Returned a couple of Christmas presents.  Received a gift card since they did not have the correct sizes in items returned.

- Watched a movie that I had recorded from my FREE HBO weekend on Directv = FREE entertainment.

- Planned my shopping trip to Walmart and had all the coupons needed to get some great deals.

- With the odd weather we are having I made sure I kept a check on my thermostat...warm one day, cold the next.

- I have been noticing lights have been kept on in rooms for no reason, trying really hard to turn lights off when leaving a room.

2 comments:

Mary Wirtz said...

That really adds up to a lot of savings!

Maria said...

Mary,

Thanks! It is a continous goal to try and save money in my household. All things add up.