Saturday, January 14, 2012

Comment Saturday


Today is Comment Saturday!! 


For every comment left, I will return the favor by responding to your comment and by visiting your blog and leaving a comment.
I love to hear from my readers and I encourage you to leave comments on any blog you visit.
 
Today's question.....With grocery prices rising daily, what is one way you plan to cut back on your grocery bill to compensate for the rising prices?  I found a great idea at Frugal Makes Cents - Precious is trying to make a couple of meals each week without meat to be healthier and by doing this you can also save money.  I plan on incorporating this in our menu too.  I'm not sure how my dh is going to react to this because he is a person who likes meat with every meal. 

4 comments:

J Knorr said...

I plan on doing a lot of couponing to help save money on groceries as well as cutting back on some of the processed and prepackaged foods. Adding in some meatless options throughout the week will probably help out a lot too! Glad I found your blog! I am enjoying reading it!

Maria said...

Jessica,

Thanks for commenting. I too am glad you found my blog. I love to read readers comments, hope to hear from you again. Cutting back on processed and prepackaged is a great way to save money. I too will have to look at cutting back also.

ff said...

My man is one who has to have meat at every meal, too. I'm working on it. We already coupon. I shop store ads to find the best deals before going in. So I guess I'm not really sure what else we could do. Open to ideas, though!

Maria said...

Femmefrugality,
Thanks for your comment. One meal that I am definitely going to incorporate into our menu is a baked potato and a chef salad. My husband will approve of this meal. His chef salad will have ham or turkey and that will make him happy. Maybe that will work for you?