Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm Bored/Rainy Day Bag of Thrifty Things for Payton


It finally happened......I heard I'm bored from Payton for the 1st time yesterday.  I can remember saying this to my mom when I was growing up.  She would always try to help me find something to do.

While Payton was eating breakfast this morning, I put together a I'm Bored/Rainy Day bag.  I always pulled items from birthday party goody bags, Easter baskets, and stocking stuffers to put back as little prizes.  I always pick up items at the Dollar Tree or clearance racks to save for surprises.  This morning I went through my box of goodies and pulled items together and placed them in a bag.  The bag consists of items that can be done inside and some for outside.

 - play dough
- bubble gun
- activity book (she loves to do these)
- craft items
- sidewalk chalk
- kids veggie pots
- a sprinkler

The next rainy day or the next time I hear I'm bored, I will be prepared.  She will have to close her eyes and pull out a prize.

Hopefully, she will enjoy it and I know it will in handy!

No comments: