Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Was Having a Good Day Until ....

I have not been looking forward to receiving our power bill this month.  I knew it was going to be high.  We have had some very cold nights and some nights our heat never turned off.  During the day, it was cold but I used our gas logs some to try and cut back on our power bill.

My husband never looks at any of our bills each month except one.   He knows that our only bills that vary each month is cell, phone, and power.  The power bill IS the only one he looks at.  Since he works for a electrical contractor on overhead power lines he is always wanting to see the power bill.  It finally came in the mail. 

I immediately called the power company thinking surely this was a mistake!!  I just knew they must have had computer or printer problems when printing our bill.  I wanted to verify the total before he came home.  I talked with a very nice lady in the billing department who was also shocked when she pulled up our account.  I told her I was calling to verify my bill.  I asked if they had had computer/printer problems on the day of printing and she assured me not.  She was very helpful, suggested a couple of things that I may need to check and make sure they were working properly... hot water tank, heat unit etc.  We did that.  Nothing was wrong.  I explained to her that we had been with them for 10 years and that was the highest our bill had ever been.  I know it has been cold but no we haven't had a blizzard or below 0 temperatures.  I also informed her that this was the only bill my husband looked at due to him working for a local electrical contractor on overhead.  She completely understood my call.  Apologized that it was correct and wished there was something they could do but unfortunately not!

My husband just went to Indiana on storm trouble a couple of weeks ago.  Storm trouble = overtime = nice pay check! :)  I thought we would lots of extra money but NO.  That is not going to happen! 

Our bill was $599.35!!!  Yes, you read that correctly...........$599.25!!

I don't use foul language but I admit I did say a few "ugly" words when I opened our bill. (No, children were not around.)  This is why I was having a good until.........I opened our power bill.

Anyone else had any power bill shockers??

2 comments:

Shannon said...

o no :( i am just not going to check my mail for a few weeks ha! wish it were that simple!

Maria said...

Oh no is right! :( Now I will cringe when I see our power bill in the mailbox!