Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ways I Saved/Earned Money The Past Couple of Weeks

Here is a list of things I did to save/earn money in the past week:


- I read all of my Inbox Dollars emails daily to add money to my account.
- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily to add points to receive FREE gift cards.
- I signed my dh up for Inbox Dollars and MyPoints.  I don't know why I didn't do this sooner!

- Continued to stockpile grocery items.
- Only spent $15.60 for groceries this week.

- Had leftovers for lunch 2 days this week. No food wasted and money saved by not cooking something else.

- Continued trying to teach my 4 year old the importance of not leaving lights on or not using lights during the day when they are not needed. (Not sure if we will ever get there!)
- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.

- Sent 3 books to Cash4Books.net and earned $11.
- Watched 3 movies for FREE saved on my DVR, thanks to Starz free weekend on Directv a couple of months ago. 
  
- Received a $9 deposit in paypal for a survey payments.

- Purchased a few Christmas clearanced items (75% off) to put in my gift closet for special occasions this year.
- Planned my shopping trips with sales ads and coupons so I would be prepared to shop while we were already out so I wouldn't have to make any special trips.

- Started a price list to keep track of my bottom dollar prices.

- Accepted an offer to advertise for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey circus on my blog in return for 4 FREE tickets.  I can't wait to take Payton.

  
What did you do to save/earn money this week?

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

You have done so well! I love reading all of your money saving ways.

Maria said...

Thanks Precious!