Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Walgreens Trip - 1/16/11

I had 4 - $1.50 RR expiring on Sunday so I had to spend them.  For some reason, my local Walgreens has now decided that you have to have the same number of items as coupons.  Example - I originally had 2 Pantenes, 1 ThermaCare and 3 Kraft Macaronis (6 items) and I had 1 coupon for the Pantene, 1 for the ThermaCare, and 1 WG coupon for the macaroni and 1 Mfr coupon for each macaroni plus my 4 RR (10 coupons).  So they told me I had to purchase 2 more items.  So I got a .49 bag of candy and my dh's favorite deodorant.  So that is 8 items to 10 coupons??  Doesn't not make sense and does not match what they told me.  It was a huge mess and I'm not sure how often I will be going to Walgreens now.  Here is my totals

2 Pantenes - 2/$7, Used $3/2 coupon = $4, Received $2 RR
1 Therma Care - $2.50, Used $1 printable coupon = $1.50, Received $2.50 in RR
1 Walgreens Orange Slices - .49
1 Old Spice Deodorant - 2.99
3 Kraft Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese 3/$5, Used (3) $1 mfr. coupon and $1/2 WG printable coupon = $1 for 3

Total - 11.86
Used (4) $1.50 RR
Total OOP - 5.86
Received $4.50 in RR for my next shopping trip

I am not sure if this is a new policy or a policy they have just now started enforcing or something that she made up.  It didn't make any sensel.  The cashier was not friendly, sorta pushy, and I didn't ask any questions.

4 comments:

Frances said...

My Wags have only allowed 1 coupon per item for a long time. RRs are counted as coupons. Wags coupons are not counted as coupons.

Maria said...

Frances,

Thanks for letting me know. At least I will be prepared for my next possible trip.

Anonymous said...

I love thriftywaysandideas.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Laura said...

I think it is a global policy that you must have as many items as you have coupons, except for Walgreens in-ad coupons which don't count. My Walgreens also counts their coupon book coupons as manufacturer's coupons and will not allow stacking. If you have used too many coupons without enough items, the register beeps and won't take anymore. My Walgreens just replaced a lot of their long-term cashiers with a bunch that aren't friendly. I can't stand an unfriendly cashier so I know how you felt. Doesn't make you want to run right back there, does it?