Tuesday, August 18, 2009

HONEY BUN CAKE

I hosted a Premier Jewelry Party Sunday afternoon for one of my best friends who is now selling Premier Jewelry as a second job. Not only did I have a wonderful time but I also earned lots of FREE jewelry.

I made this cake to serve my guests. It was very good and simple to make.







Ingredients:
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
2/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs
1 8oz. Sour Cream
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Chopped Pecans
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Milk (1 tbsp was not enough for me, I used 1/3 cup)
1 tsp. Vanilla



Directions:
1) Heat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour a 9 x 13 pan.
2) In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients together with an electric mixer on low for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
3) Spread half of the batter in pan.
4) In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinle over batter in pan. 5) Carefully, spread remaining batter evenly over pecan mixture.
6) Bake 44 to 48 minutes or until deep golden brown.
7) In another small bowl, stir powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until thin enough to spread.
8) Prick surface of warm cake several times with fork. Spread powdered sugar mixture over cake. Cool completely - 1 hour. Store covered at room temperature.

2 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

i had some... VERY TASTEY!!! thanks for inviting me maria! gotta luv bling & yummy FOOD! LOL

Janet said...

Yum! That sounds delicious.