Tuesday, June 30, 2009

SUMMER FUN - USING WHAT YOU HAVE - Part 5

Another great way to have a thrifty night of summer fun is by having a "special" dinner by using what you have. Give the paper plates a night off and break out the "good" china. Create a tablescape with a theme for the evening and have a nice dinner.

I used a beach theme to my tablescape. Everything you see I already had. The blue placements make me think of the ocean. The blue shell candle make me think of the waves bringing the shells in. The napkins represent the sand. The centerpiece contains shells that Payton and I picked up last year as we were walking along the beach. My napkin rings are fresh water pearl bracelets. I even found a pearl one year while having oysters for dinner one evening while at the beach. You always have to add a little bit of crystal for sparkle.
































Note: I just noticed that the silverware is on the wrong sides. Please look over my mistake.

No comments: