Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Decorating on a Budget

After building a house, our funds were running very short and of course I wanted to decorate every room right then. I wasn't able to do that but I did start checking The Goodwill Store, The Salvation Army, Thrift Stores and Dollar Stores for items to decorate my extra bedroom.



This dresser was purchased at the Goodwill Store for $15. It just needed cleaning and little paint. I found the stool (brand new) at a yard sale for $8. The candles, vase and flowers I bought at the dollar store for under $10 total. Total Spent - $33



The bed was my bed growing up. It was a brass bed but I painted it white also. I may have spent $5 for spray paint. The pictures on the wall came from Family Dollar. They were 50% off. I paid $5 each. The 2 tables came from ABC Distributing. I paid $15 each for them. I have 2 lamps that also came from ABC Distributing, $30 total for them. The bedding and pillows came from Wal-Mart. I have a total of $40 in that. That does include sheets.
Total Spent - $ 115

In this picture, the pictures were purchased at a Thrift Store for $10 and the bench was given to me as a Christmas gift. I had the bunny. Total cost - $10






The chest was given to me FREE. My mom purchased new
furniture and no longer wanted this chest. The items on top were
things I already had. I purchased the Home Interior pictures at a yard sale for $1 each. Total - $2







Decorating on a budget can be done. You have to be PATIENT. Always take advantage of yard sales, clearance sections and thrift stores. Also, don't forget to check the Salvation Army store and the Goodwill. You never know what you will find.

2 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

I love that art deco bench! I hope you join in on the party! Everything looks so clean and bright! Jen

Debbie said...

Great finds! And everything looks so nice and fresh.