Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolutions




I don't usually make resolutions but this year I have decided to make a list of things I plan to do/change/or improve on. Wish me luck!


1) Plan a menu each week. I think this will save money but also it will end pity disagreements between my husband and I. We waste so much time trying to decide what to fix for dinner.


2) Pay off bills. I am starting the Debt Snowball by Dave Ramsey. I am on Step 2 of the Baby Steps. This will be hardest I'm sure.

3) I received some cash for Christmas and I have started me a "New Stove Fund". Anyone who would like to contribute, please let me know. LOL I am in desperate need of a new stove and I am going save enough cash to buy one. My husband doesn't know I am doing this. It's going to be my surprise.

4) Exercise more and lose a few pounds.

5) Get to work by 8:00 if not 5 minutes early every morning instead of 3-4 minutes after. :)

Have you made any New Year's resolutions? If so, let me know what they are.

2 comments:

Tami @ This Mom's Delight said...

I won’t be making big goals for the year 2009. (Last year I made 7 big goals, and reach none of them.) Instead, I will be making mini-goals that help me to redeem the time. (see my post here: http://psalm37v4.blogspot.com/2008/12/2009-mini-goals.html)

Sona said...

If you really want to save for a stove, start a Xmas account at your bank and have a set amount deducted from your regular account every week.

So, if the stove you want costs $500 you need to save about $10 per week. When you break it down like that it looks managable.