Friday, September 5, 2008

Finally Friday

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

This week has flown by. I love it when I have to work only 4 days. It makes the week so much more pleasant. This has been a good week except for yesterday.

Yesterday was boo-boo day for Payton.


We started the morning out with her falling in the bedroom and she got a carpet burn on her leg. She didn't cry but she told me she had a boo-boo at least 50 times while we were driving to memas (a 20 minute ride). While she was at playschool yesterday morning, her teacher informed me that she had fell 3 times. She would be walking across the room and just fall. She thought that it may be her shoes but she has had those shoes for over 2 months so I don't understand. One fall left a bruise on her cheek. Yesterday afternoon at snack time, she decided she needed to be the one to fasten her buckle on her high chair and she pinched her leg. Miss Independent!! That left a bruise. Last night, she was walking through the kitchen doing her "strut" (walking and trying to dance at the same time and while she does this she looks at her feet) and ran straight into the back of the chair. My chairs are metal and it hit her right in the middle of the forehead. She immediately had an egg on her forehead with a bruise. Today, I have decided that it is a NO boo-boo day. I told her this as she was getting dressed this morning and of course she thought it was funny. I am keeping my fingers crossed. If someone had seen her yesterday morning and then saw her last night at bedtime, I swear you would think she had been beaten.

I may be spending the weekend with just Payton. My husband works for an electrical contractor. He is a lineman so he may be spending his weekend working the power outages due to Tropical Storm Hanna. Sunday is my mom's birthday. She will be 70!!!! She doesn't look 70 nor does she act 70!! Hopefully, she will have a great birthday.

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Happy Belated Birthday to MeMa!!! I bet Payton is growing... seriously when Nichole was little and she would have a 'growtspirt' i swear she couldnt walk!! she was always falling down and runnin into things...really clumsy..not her usual self... and it wouldnt last long but the next thing I knew we were shopping for new clothes b/c she grew out of hers within a month!
its a good thing you're thrifty! you may be going shopping again soon haha

Maria said...

Thanks for reminding me of that. I do remember you use to say she was growing. She also has a huge bruise on her elbow now. I'm glad she has no dr. appts soon. LOL