Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Thrifty Tips to Stay Organized and Prepare for Your Taxes



At the beginning of every year, I always do 2 things to help me stay organized for the year.  The 1st thing is make me a folder for my taxes.  I pull everything out that I have saved throughout the year for my taxes and place it in the folder.  Then, I put this folder in a convenient spot so when something comes in the mail I can drop it in the folder until I am ready to do our taxes.


[DSCF2763.JPG]

The second thing I do is update my bill paying binder.  I make a payment sheet for each month showing every bill and when the bill comes in the mail I can enter in the amount and when its due so that I can stay on budget and also make sure every bill is paid on time.  I DO NOT want to pay late fees.  I also clear out all the things that I no longer needed from the previous year.  This is where I store all bills, payment books, address labels, letter opener, and stamps.  When it is time to pay bills I can pull out my binder and I have everything I need.  I have used this method for 5 years now and it helps me stay organized and I always know where everything is.  Also, if my husband ever wants to see a bill he knows where to find it. 

No comments: