Friday, March 1, 2013

The Biggest Way I Saved Money This Week

This week I started reviewing every bill looking for a way to lower our monthly expenses.  My biggest savings so far came from Directv.  I have been a customer of theirs for almost 10 years.  When we first moved into our home, cable was not available in this area so we had no choice to go with a satellite provider. 

I called customer service and asked if there was any way I could receive a discount since I was a loyal customer.  That didn't work.  My customer service representative kept trying to offer me another package with a $2-$3 savings.  That was not what I was looking for.  After repeating several times that I was calling to see if their was a discount available for being a loyal customer, he began to get a little frustrated with me.  At this point, I googled their competitor and started comparing what I could receive if I switched providers. He then transferred me to their promotions department. (Note:  Ask for the promotions department if you try this.  This where you get results!)  I spoke with a wonderful, helpful young lady who was able to give me what I was looking for.  I got a $25 discount off our monthly bill for 12 months plus I also received 2 movie packages FREE for 3 months.  

I was on the phone for almost 20 mins but I finally did accomplish my goal.  I was very happy with my outcome.  I plan to take advantage of the FREE movie channels and DVR some great movies to be used in the future for FREE entertainment. 

One phone call saved $25 a month, $300 savings for 12 months plus 2 FREE movie packages ($77.94 value) for 3 months.

Have you ever asked for a discount from your satellite or cable company before?

No comments: