Friday, July 6, 2012

Ways I Saved/Earned Money This Week

- I read all of my Inbox Dollars emails for my account and my husband's daily to add money to our accounts.

- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily for my account and my husband's to add points to receive FREE gift cards.

- Cleaned out my coupon binder.

- Continued to use my FREE samples this week including - sunscreen, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, dental picks, fabric softner, and lotion.

- Only used my dishwasher once this week.

- Planned my grocery store shopping using the sale ad and coupons. 

- Printed a few coupons for future shopping.

- Enjoyed the warm weather and spent many hours playing outside which is FREE entertainment.

- Made a trip to Walgreens and took advantage of some great deals.  You find details here.

- I did my first price matching trip to Walmart, saved over $20.

- Ran all my errands in one day to save on gas.

- For the past 2 weeks I have been able to purchase gas for $2.99 per gallon. (Forgot to mention this last week.)

- Received FREE address labels in the mail this week.

- Sold 2 items on the yard sale facebook page - made $20.

- Took the kids to the doctor this week and used my FSA card to pay my copayments.

- Received a couple of FREE dog treat samples in the mail that I gave to my dog for his daily treat this week.

- Went to my nephews last baseball game for his summer league.  Nothing better than a baseball game to enjoy.

- Went to CVS and purchased 6 items for .88 OOP.  View details here.

- Took all of my loose change to the bank and cashed it in at the coin counter - $71 added to our vacation funds.

- Paid a couple of bills online.  No money spent on stamps.

- Had a fun 4th of July.  Took the kids to 2 parades and went to see the fireworks.  FREE entertainment.

- Spent a several afternoons in the pool.  I love not having to pay to go swimming and its FREE entertainment and fun for the kids.

What did you do to save/earn money this week? Please link up below or leave a comment and share how you did.

4 comments:

~Rachel~ said...

You had a great week! I'm bet all those extra coins will be a big help when you take your vacation.

Maria said...

Thanks Rachel! I am always amazed at how much change we collect.

Ronalyn said...

I'm using ebay & yardsellr to sell some stuff. Are you just posting ads on Facebook? I'm not having any luck yet selling :(

Maria said...

Ronalyn,
The county I live in has a county yardsale page on facebook. I am using that to list and sell items. I list my items with price and picture. People msg you if interested and then you decide on a public place to meet and finish your sale. I just found the facebook page a couple of weeks ago. I think it is great and I hope I continue to have success.