Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thrifty Recipe - Cheesecake Filled Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate

I have often made chocolate dipped strawberries but I had never seen or tasted a chocolate dipped strawberry filled with cheesecake.  When I first saw this I couldn't figure out why I hadn't thought of this.  My husband loves cheesecake and I often make chocolate dipped strawberries as a quick dessert with dinner.  I just had never thought of combining the two together.  As soon I saw this, I made them within 24 hours and they were fantastic!! 

Ingredients:

1 - Pint of Strawberries
1 - Cheesecake Mix
Chocolate - Milk Chocolate or White Chocolate - Your Preference
(I used leftover Easter chocolate bunnies)

Directions:

Prepare the cheesecake mix.

Put the mix inside of a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.


Wash the strawberries.  Cut the top of the strawberry off and cut the bottom of each strawberry so that it will stand upright.


Fill the strawberry with cheesecake and  place the strawberries in the refrigerator to chill. 


Right before you are ready to serve dip them in chocolate and place on wax paper.  I also drizzled a little chocolate on top.


I made 16 strawberries and between the four of us they were gone within minutes.  Enjoy!!

No comments: