Friday, February 17, 2012

Ways I Saved/Earned Money This Week

- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily for my account and my husband's to add points to receive FREE gift cards.

- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.

- Continued to use my FREE samples this week including -  dish detergent (full size bottle), dryer sheets, fabric softner chapstick, and razors.

- Only used my dishwasher once this week.

- Continued to keep the heat turned down. Still having warmer than normal days.

- No drugstore shopping this week.

- Only had to pickup a few items at the grocery store this week - milk, bread, cheese and produce.

- No eating out this week.

- Stuck to my menu plan for this week except for one night.

- Continuing to try to drink more water. Not only is this good for me but it will also be a great way to save money

- Added to more Hallmark cards to my card organizer buy using a Buy 1 Get 1 FREE coupon.

- Spent Friday afternoon at the park with dh and the kids = FREE entertainment and we had a blast!

- Used my points I earned at Lowes Foods to receive a .05 discount per gallon when getting gas.

- Since I am not a big coffee drinker, I used my Starbucks gift card by placing an order online for a few items to add to my gift closet.

- Read 2 FREE magazines this week that I received in the mail.

- Instead of buying Valentine cards, Payton and I made them by using supplies we already had. She did an awesome job.


What did you do to save/earn money this week?  Please link up below.

 



2 comments:

~Rachel~ said...

Great job! I love the wide assortment of free samples you have. I usually just end up with a few shampoo and conditioner samples.

Maria said...

Rachel,

Thanks! I have a lot of those samples too but I really look for the not so common ones.