Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Favorite Pasta Recipe

Who doesn't love pasta?  I have never had a pasta dish that I didn't like.  It is a favorite in my home. We have an Italian dinner at least once a week.  I admit I could eat pasta everyday but I try to limit myself to once a week so my family doesn't complain.  When we go out to dinner, we often eat Italian.  Carrabba's is one of the places we go. 

Today, I took the Carrabba's Pasta Personality Quiz on facebook.  My pasta personality is Spaghetti - Stating that I'm  genuine and well loved, like Carrabba’s Spaghetti and Meatballs. Your warm and comforting personality makes you everybody’s best friend. So go for our equally popular hand-prepared meatballs over perfectly cooked imported spaghetti.  I agree I do love spaghetti and believe that the personality test is pretty close in describing me. 

The recipe I make most often for dinner is Skillet Chicken Parmigiana.


















Ingredients:
4 - Boneless Chicken Breasts
1/3 Cup Italian Style Dry Bread Crumbs
1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Egg, Beaten
2 Tbsp. Olive or Vegetable Oil
2 Cups - Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese


Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in egg then coat with bread crumb mixture. Heat oil in 12 in skillet over medium heat. cook chicken in oil 10 to 15 minutes. Turning once. Pour spaghetti sauce around chicken in skillet until hot. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chicken. Serve over spaghetti noodles.

My husband found this recipe browsing a recipe book.  He made it for dinner one night and it has become a regular dinner in our home.  We all love it and look forward to it.  My 4 year old daughter even requests it some nights.  She calls it spaghetti with chicken.

Everyone deserves a break from the kitchen sometimes.  Having dinner out can be a great break and treat.  Carrabba's is a great choice.  They make every pasta dish by hand with the freshest ingredients. Pasta is cooked perfectly every time and signature sauces are made from scratch daily. Creative flavors and combinations of ingredients are part of Carrabba’s authentic family recipes as well as new creations.


Below is also a list of limited time special offers available at Carrabbas:

Pasto Rambo – Named for the chef who created it, it’s made with shrimp tossed with imported Italian linguine, spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes sautéed in our basil lemon butter sauce. Lobster is available instead of shrimp for an additional cost.


Parmesan-crusted Chicken – Topped with fresh arugula and grape tomatoes tossed in a hand-prepared lemon vinaigrette, served with choice of side. Substitution of wood-grilled chicken also available. Pairs well with Estancia Pinot Grigio.

Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – Three pork tenderloin medallions wrapped with prosciutto, wood-grilled and topped with an apple and fig infused port wine sauce, served with the vegetable of the day. Pairs well with Coppola Pinot Noir.

Limoncello Bread Pudding – Back by popular demand! Brioche bread pudding made with fresh Madagascar vanilla beans and a rich custard, served hot out of the oven. Topped with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and drizzled with Carrabba’s homemade Caravella Limoncello liqueur sauce.

Peach Sangria – Carrabba’s new light and fruity Peach Sangria blends Copper Ridge White Zinfandel, Absolut Apeach vodka and Patrón Citrónge with a splash of citrus. Topped with a fresh lemon wedge and strawberry, it’s a taste of the Amalfi Coast in spring
Visit their website http://www.carrabbas.com/ and see if Carrabba's has a location near you.  They have over 230 locations around the country.

Disclosure: 
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Carrabba’s blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

Follow Carrabba’s on Twitter: @Carrabba’s

Carrabba’s on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Carrabbas

2 comments:

mryjhnsn said...

yum! great post :)

Maria said...

Mry Jhnsn,

Thanks. It is great and thanks for the comment. I hope you visit my blog often.