Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Invaded by Chocolate Easter Bunnies

Easter was 3 weeks ago and I still have a huge supply of chocolate Easter bunnies.  I am not sure what happened this year, between the Easter bunny, grandparents, and aunts and uncles, my kids got way too many chocolate bunnies and even chocolate chicks and a duck.  I have had a grocery bag full in my pantry since then.  I decided yesterday that it was time to use them and not let them go to waste.  I love to make the most of what I have even when it comes to huge supply of candy. 

For lunch we all enjoyed a simple, tasty treat.  Who doesn't love chocolate covered strawberries? If you are not a fan of strawberries, any fruit would be great to use - pineapple, grapes, apples etc.




We grilled hamburgers for dinner and took advantage of the warm weather and fixed smores using our outside fire pit.  I also used Peeps chics and bunnies from Easter in making the smores.



Other great ways to use Chocolate Easter bunnies:

- Cookies - Instead of using chocolate chips, break the bunnies up into small pieces.

- Candy - Melt the bunnies and make any kind of candy you like.

- Ice Cream Topping - Shave the bunnies and sprinkle on top of your ice cream.

- Brownies - Do you use a box mix to make brownies like I do?  Then why not melt some chocolate bunnies to mix in with it.

No comments: