Friday, February 4, 2011

Ways I Saved/Earned Money This Week

Here is a list of things I did to save/earn money this week:

- I read all of my Inbox Dollars emails for my account and my husband's daily to add money to our accounts.
- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily for my account and my huband's to add points to receive FREE gift cards.
 
- Spent $28.52 in groceries this week.  Some things were on sale and the others were things that I was out of.  Also got 4 FREE items with coupons this week.
-
- Had leftovers for lunch 2 days this week. No food wasted and money saved by not cooking something else.
 
- Had dinner at mom's last night so that saves me money.  She is so sweet!!
 
- DH has been out of town all week on storm trouble so I have had to cook less, use less power, do less laundry etc.  Him being away has saved us money and earned some extra money too!! :)

- Continued trying to teach my 4 year old the importance of not leaving lights on or not using lights during the day when they are not needed. (Not sure if we will ever get there!)

- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.

- Received another $5 from Cash4Books in Referrals - Thanks!!

- Watched 1 movie for FREE saved on my DVR, thanks to Starz free weekend on Directv a couple of months ago. 
  
- Received a $2 Amazon gift certificate for taking a short survey
 
- Went to Kerr Drug to use my $25 gift card - Purchased formula, (3) Bounty Basic Paper Towels @ .54 each with coupon, (4) Light Bulbs packs at .79 each and (2) 1 Gallon Bleach at .88 each.  Total OOP for all - 0.73
 
- Did a double check on my information that I have gathered to do our taxes.  I hope to get them completed this weekend. 
 
- FINALLY, after trying for several days I was able to sign up for the Valspar free paint sample including $5 coupon and paint tray.  I really want to paint my laundry room and powder room.
   
- Received my $5 rebate check from Lysol for getting a flu shot this year.  I am adding this to my laptop computer fund. 
 
 
What did you do to save/earn money this week?

4 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Wow this is awesome. Is your husband a lineman by chance?

Maria said...

He is a general foreman over 5 line crews but he was a lineman and Thanks!

American Dreamer said...

You did awesome Maria. One thing that worked when my kids were little was linking a reward to turning off the lights. I would put a nickel in their piggy bank each week they remembered. A couple of times of getting that nickel and they were eager to turn them off.

Maria said...

Precious,
Excellent idea. I will definitely try that.