Friday, December 17, 2010

Thrifty Christmas Gifts

Every year I stress over what to buy 2 teenage girls on my Christmas list.  I think teens/tweens are the hardest to buy for.  This year I came up with what I think is an awesome idea that I got almost nothing.  I really think they will enjoy it. 



"Date Night" Gift Basket
Includes:
$10 Pizza Hut Gift Card (Free - Ordered through Mypoints.com)
3 FREE Movie Rentals for $1 (Ordered through Groupon)
2 Popcorn Containers (Stacked Together, used as the "basket" - $1 Dollar Tree)
2 Bags of Popcorn (Pulled from my Popcorn order from the Boys Scout program that I order from my nephew every year - .90 per bag)
- Miscellaneous Candy (Pulled from Stockpile)

I made a card to include from my scrapbooking supplies that states:

"Date Night" Gift Basket
Enjoy a free dinner on us, movies and snacks!
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
(Also included on the card was the redbox instructions for using their code for the FREE rentals.)

To make it look festive, I pulled a piece of tissue paper around it and added a bow.

Total Spent - Less Than $5


"Kitchen" Themed Gift Basket
Each year I always make my mother-in-law a stocking.  I usually just pull items from my hygiene products stockpile.  This year I decided to do something different.  I chose a "Kitchen" theme and this is what I came up with.


Basket - Purchased at the Goodwill for .50, brand new still had the tag on it
Grocery Bag - .50 Walgreens
Gain Dish Detergent - FREE
Scrubbing Sponge with Abrasive Side - FREE
These items came from a gift basket that I won from amother blog giveaway:
Recipe Card Box - FREE
Spoon Rest - FREE
2 Cooking Utensils - FREE
Rolling Pin Recipe Card Holder - holds recipe will cooking - FREE
Italian Dipping Sauce Mix - 2.50
Olive Oil - not pictured, still need to purchase - Under $5 with coupon
Basket Liner - Christmas cloth napkin that I bought a 4 pack last year on clearance (.50)  - .13

I will put this in a Christmas bag that I already have.

Total Spent - Less Than $8

Do you make gift baskets for Christmas gifts?  If so, what kind do you make?

(If the parents of the teenagers are reading this, shhhhhh don't tell what your daughters are getting!  LOL)

No comments: