Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Countdown to Christmas in the Scott Home

We are still counting down to Christmas each day.  I admit I think I am having as much fun as Payton.  So far I haven't spent any money except for Christmas pictures.  Mema also treated her grandchildren to a nice surprise last week (I got treated too since Bryson is so small). 

Dec. 7th - Payton and I made Rice Krispy treats shaped like Christmas trees.  She loves to help in the kitchen.
 

Dec. 8th - My mom took us and my nephew out to dinner and to Tanglewood.  My nephew is 14 and he got to choose where we go for dinner and I got lucky......he chose Red Lobster.  Dinner was great and then we went to Tanglewood to see the Christmas lights.  Going during the week is the trick, we did not have to wait in line.















Dec. 9th - Today we read Christmas stories.  Afterwards, Payton decided to read to Bryson.















Dec. 10th - I took Payton and Bryson and had Christmas pictures made individually.  Pictures to come.


Dec. 11th - Grandma Vicki came by and brought Payton and Bryson their Christmas ornaments.  This is a tradition she has began when Payton was 1.  She buys a new Christmas ornament and comes by to help hang it on her tree.  Bryson will get a tree next year. She also bought them a Countdown to Christmas Santa.
















Dec. 12th - Payton and Bryson watched Frosty the Snowman.















Dec. 13th - Payton and I made some Christmas candy - Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers.















So, we have completed 13 days of counting down to Christmas and so far I haven't spent any money except for pictures.  What a great thrifty way to get in the holiday spirit and I will be continuing this until Christmas and doing this next year.

No comments: