Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ways I Saved/Earned Money This Week

Here is a list of things I did to save/earn money in the past 2 weeks:

- I read all of my Inbox Dollars emails daily to add money to my account.
- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily to add points to receive FREE gift cards.

- Use coupons when grocery shopping. Saved a total of $36.55.

- Had leftovers for lunch 3 days this week. No food wasted and money saved by cooking something else.

- Continued trying to teach my 3 year old the importance of not leaving lights on or not using lights during the day when they are not needed.
- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.

- Ordered 2 more Christmas gifts for FREE from Amazon, using my gift certificates that I have collected from Swagbucks.

- Order 2 more Gift Cards from MyPoints for Christmas gifts.  I more early shopping done this year than ever before.
- Had a yard sale and put money in savings.

- Updated my Christmas list so I know who I still need to buy for.

- Took a trunk load of items to the Goodwill store and receive a receipt for tax deductions.

- Went through 4 bags of FREE baby clothes for Bryson, separated them by size and took an inventory of what he will need this winter.

- Went through Payton's closet and chest and took out all clothes that no longer fit and took an inventory of what she will need this winter.
- Went shopping for ME and used gift cards for every purchased = Nothing out of pocket. 

- My husband requested a pair of jeans (this does NOT happen often) so I found them on sale and also used a coupon to receive an additional 20% off.

- Had to turn the heat on this week but kept my thermostat on 68 and put an extra blanket on the bed.


What did you do to save/earn money this week?

No comments: