Thursday, May 6, 2010

PREGNANCY UPDATE - WEEK 36

OK, I admit it I am READY to have this baby. I still don't have my house ready and still have a few things that I need to buy but I am so ready for him to get here mainly because of this......









This is a picture of my poor feet at the end of the day. Are they not just the cutest feet?? They are so sore and swollen that by the time I get home from work I can barely walk. Thank goodness for flip flops. That is the only shoes that I can get on my feet. They are part of the reason I can't get anything done in the evenings.
Any suggestions or tips in keeping the swelling down besides keeping my feet elevated??

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh man I feel your pain!! My feet looked like that at the end of 2 of my pregnancies. Lower salt intake and increase water. But I really don't know any other way other than elevating your feet.

Wisher Washer said...

I bought a mint cooling gel from Bath & Body Works that cooled down my feet and ankles, it felt WONDERFUL! I also soaked them in epsom salt, sometimes with a little essential oil - stress free eucalyptus, again from B&BW.
I normally wear a women's 7.5 shoe, by 30 weeks I couldn't bend my toes and wore MEN's size 9/10 flipflops for the last 11 weeks. I also tried to walk at least a mile every night to bring on labor. Didn't work. GOOD LUCK! Love your blog :)

Julie said...

It's been 18 years since I had my 12 lb baby but I remember the swollen feet. I worked in a nursing home 80+ hours a pay period so I know it's hard and it hurts. I ended up wearing teds and it did help some, not tons but some. Like the other Julie said, less salt and more water does help and at break time get those feet up. Good luck. I'll have to read more, not sure when you're due or anything.
Hope all is well. Take care and God Bless!