Friday, January 8, 2010

FINALLY FRIDAY


TGIF!!

My goal for the weekend is to declutter my house!! I am starting tonight. I have made me a "To-Do" list which always seems to help me. I hope to have everything off my list by the time Monday morning arrives. Everything seems to always get cluttered during the holidays.




Also, I have some very EXCITING NEWS to share with everyone.

Another reason I was not posting as much on my blog during December, was because my mom was diagnosed with endometrial cancer right before Thanksgiving. As everyone knows, when you hear the word cancer you always think/prepare for the worst. She had a complete hysterectomy on December 22. She was only in the hospital for 1 night and then she came to my house to stay for several days during Christmas. She did great with the surgery. No problems during her recovery. They also removed some lymph nodes to test. Yesterday, we went for a follow up at the oncologist.............COMPLETE SUCESSS!!! I am so happy to let you know that she is great, healing well, pathology report was great and NO radiation needed!!

What a great way to start the New Year off!!

Have a great weekend and I'll see you Monday!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your mother. Cancer is so scary. It is great when the results are good.

Sona said...

Oh I'm so happy for you and your mother. Give her a hug for me!

Maria said...

CheapbyChoice,

Thank you! The results couldn't have been better. The word "cancer" scares you to death.

Maria said...

Sona,

Thank you so much. I will definitely give her a hug from you.