Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MARIA'S BRUSCHETTA

Ingredients:

1 loaf of Italian Bread
Handful Basil, Chopped (from my garden)
2 Medium Tomatoes, Diced (from my garden)
1 Cup of Shredded Mozzeralla Cheese
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste


Optional: Chopped Garlic - I did not have any or I would have added some garlic.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°. Slice Italian bread into 3/4" thick slices. Arrange on baking sheet and add 1/2 tsp of olive oil to each piece. Toast bread lightly and remove from oven. Add diced tomatoes, shredded mozzeralla cheese and basil to each piece of bread until bread is mostly covered. Put back into the oven and bake until cheese is melted.



I made this Sunday afternoon and just hit the spot. It was a great way to use some of tomatoes and basil from garden. Let me know if you try it!

You can find other great Tasty Tuesday recipes at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That sounds good! We usually eat bruschetta cold and without cheese. A restaurant near here serves toasted bread topped with a slice of tomato and a slice of sharp provolone, then broiled. It's tasty that way, too! I don't know if bread, tomato, basil, and cheese can be combined in a way that doesn't taste good. LOL!

Unknown said...

GREAT!!! recipe. Geri

Maria said...

This is one of my favorites and it so simple to make. I made it again last night. Even my 3yr old loves it. She loves anything with tomatoes.