Friday, August 7, 2009

FINALLY FRIDAY



TGIF!
It has been a long, sleepless week for me. I guess I am getting paid back for having such a great baby who loved to sleep and has always been easy to put to bed at night. She has now decided that she no longer wants to sleep in her bed anymore.
I know it has a lot to do with the changes in her every day schedule over the past month but things are not getting easier. She has always stayed with my mom during the day until 3 weeks ago. I decided to put her in daycare. I admit the first week was rough for me and her. We both cried every morning but now she seems to like it and I think she has a really good time. Since this change, bedtime has become a nightmare. We even made her crib into a toddler bed, thinking that would help. She was excited and liked her new bed but she gets up at least 3 times a night crying or she will come and get in bed with me and my hubby. Nothing is wrong except she wants her moma. I have always been firm about her not sleeping with us because I know it is a hard habit to break. I really wanted to give in last night because I was so sleepy but I forced myself to take her back to her bed. I have to sit with her until she falls asleep and then sneak out. Hopefully, this is just a phase and it will pass soon. I need sleep!!! :) Any suggestions, advice, or words of wisdom to offer......please do!
Have a great weekend and I will see you Monday!! (hopefully, not sleepy)

1 comment:

smdrm said...

It's tough when a toddler doesn't want to sleep in their bed because they are so mobile. However, tough love is needed, periodic visits to calm her, then leave. How about a gate at her bedroom door so she can see out but can't get out? She'll scream and holler and will probably end up eventually falling asleep on the floor, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I had to use tough love with my youngest, but he was still in a crib, so it was a little easier. It took about a week, but he started putting himself back to sleep when he woke up and not waking everybody else up.

Don't give in and good luck!