Wednesday, April 29, 2009

THRIFTY TIP FOR APPLIANCES

I finally saved enough money last month to purchase a new stove for my kitchen. My new stove is black, my dishwasher is black, and my microwave is black. Everything matched except for my refrigerator. I made a trip to Lowe's over the weekend to admire their new, unaffordable black refrigerators. I found one that I loved for a whopping $1398. Of course, I wanted everything to match so I came up with a GREAT idea.

New Stove - $1398
Black Appliance Paint - $4.29 a can We used 2 cans = $ 8.58 plus tax
Saved - $ 1389.42




BEFORE:





















AFTER:
The process did take a few hours. We had to completely empty the refrigerator to move it outside. (Perfect time to clean it from top to bottom.) We only applied to coats of paint = 2 cans. The ONLY problem we had........Payton got upset when it came time for snack. She came to the kitchen wanting juice and when she saw the refrigerator gone, she cried. She thought her juice was gone forever!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful idea!

Buffie said...

That's so cool. Sometimes you can luck out and find a floor model appliance at a good price too. Thats how we got our washer and dryer.

Julie Willis said...

That looks wonderful! Did you have any problems with drips and blobs? Very thrifty.

Maria said...

Thanks Cheryl and Buffie! I was so excited when I learned that there was appliance paint. I had no idea.

Momof4sweetsisters,
We did not have any problems with drops or blobs. It turned out great.