Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tasty Tuesday



I have shared this recipe before but my husband got in a cooking mood Saturday and I had you what he made. It was wonderful. We also added a scoop of vanilla ice cream too.










FRUIT SONKER

1 Cup Self-Rising Flour
1-1/4 Cup Sugar 1 Stick Butter (Melted)
1 Cup Milk 2 Cups Fruit (Berries, Peaches Etc.)
1 Tsp. Vanilla Flavoring

Place fruit and ¼ cup of water, ¼ cup of sugar in pot to boil. Add vanilla flavoring. Mix flour, sugar, butter (melted) together. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Pour fruit over mixture after boiling. Bake 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Hint: Some people like to add more milk to make it extremely moist.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

My Mom always made this and called it a Mountain Pie. I love it!

Maria said...

I have never heard it called Mountain Pie. Amazing how things have different names depending on where you live. It is great and so simple to make.