Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Gilled Tomato and Cheese

Originally Posted on 8/2/08 - A great sandwich to fix when you start getting tomatoes out of your garden

8 Slices of Bread
8 Ounces of Shredded Cheese (Your Preference)
4 Ripe Tomatoes
16 Basil Leaves
2 Tbsp. Butter, Melted

Layer sandwich with cheese, 4 tomato slices, 4 basil leaves and another heaping of shredded cheese. Brush bread with melted butter and place in skillet over medium heat. Cook each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.

I thought they were great. I served mine with a bowl of soup for dinner. A little something different than your normal grilled cheese sandwich.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what we had for dinner last night too! I also put a little sweet onion on mine as I grill it. Love it with the basil. Great minds...

Maria said...

I love the basil also. It came out of my herb garden.