Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tasty Tuesday - Freezing Basil

This year had a small herb garden with lots of basil. After a little online research, I decided to freeze my basil to use during the winter. It was very simple to do.



After pulling the leaves from the plants -
I washed throughly
Let them dry
Chopped them in my mini chopper
Placed them in ice cube trays
Filled with water
Put in the freezer.


Now all I need to do is add the ice cube to whatever I'm cooking. I have enough to last me all winter.























2 comments:

Dr. Mom said...

Very cool. I tried growing things this year - a dismal failure. I love fresh herbs. I will have to try this. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I made it to the end of summer with 4 tiny plants and am determined to enjoy every last leaf! Thank you for this great idea!
-Illoura