Monday, September 22, 2008

A New Respect for Single Parents

My husband is still in Cincinnati on storm trouble. He has been for 10 days now. Payton and I miss him dearly. She has woke up both mornings this weekend saying daddy. We had a busy, fun filled weekend. I am trying to keep us both busy so we won't miss him as much.

The past 10 days I have come to realize how hard single mothers must have it. I'm not talking financially. I am just talking about the little things. I am so use to my hubby being here that I've had to find new ways of doing things like.... taking a shower and getting ready without him to keep her occupied, unloading the groceries out of the car and keeping her in sight, cooking lunch or dinner with her in the kitchen with me. Maybe its just things that I'm not use to but it I've come to realize how much easier things are when he is home.

To all single moms ....... I salute you!! I can't imagine how hard it is.

No comments: