Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thrifty Hobbies

I love to read but ever since I had my daughter I haven't picked up the first book until the week I was on vacation. I read 3 books during my week at the coast and 1 since I have been home. Since I work full-time, I feel like any time I have to read should be spent with Payton. I have now started to read every night when I go to bed. Now only do I enjoy it, but I have found that it helps me fall asleep faster.

I just went to the library today and picked up 3 more by some of my favorite authors. The library is such a wonderful place. Free books for anyone. My favorite authors are Fern Michaels, Mary Higgins Clark, Sandra Brown, and Carol Higgins Clark. A great friend and a frequent blog visitor, Shannon, told me about a website she was referred to the last time she was at the library http://www.literature-map.com/. You enter in your favorite author and it recommends other authors who write the "same" type book. Check it out!

What are some thrifty hobbies that you have?


Make sure you check out Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in my Dryer today. You will lots of great tips.

5 comments:

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Thanks for the link! I'm always looking for new authors!

Anonymous said...

Great site, thank you!

My thrifty hobby is digital scrapbooking. I spend my leisure time digi-cropping then post my pages in a web gallery. Digital kits are very cheap (if not free at some sites!) and if I don't send them off to be printed into books then there's no printing charges.

Kama said...

Yep, I love to go to the library and get "free" books as long as you remember to return them on time!!

@nnie said...

I LOVE reading! And this website may be a quick way to find new and exciting authors. I'll check it out right now. Thanks for recommending it!

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Thank you! That is a really cool website! My favorite author is Chaim Potok, and I had no idea who wrote somewhat similarly.