Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Recycling Greeting Cards

As I have posted previously, I love to send/receive cards. I have tons of cards that I have received and I have even saved every card my 18 month old daughter has received. I feel bad when I think that someone bought this card to send to me and all I'm going to do is read it and throw it away. I know, too funny. I have started recycling some of my cards and have thought of some very clever ideas.

Things to Do with Greeting Cards You Have Received:

1) Gift Tags - Cut the picture out on the card, punch a hole, tie a ribbon to the tag and attach.
2) Pictures - I love cards with a beautiful picture and no writing on the front. Imagine putting the picture of Santa above in a frame. What a beautiful Christmas picture you will have.
3) Scrapbooking - Use to decorate pages.
4) Arts & Crafts for Kids - Make homemade cards, pictures, collage
5) Make Christmas Ornaments
6) Make Bookmarks
7) Use the front of the card as a note card.

Below is 2 pictures that I made from cards.
Cost 2 Cards - .50 each
Frames - 3.00 each - came with mat
Gold Spray Paint - 1.00 per can (painted the frames)
Total Cost - $8.00


2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, I love the idea of framing cards! Some of them really do have pretty pictures.
One thing I've done with cards is to make small boxes out of them. You can find box patterns on line for free. I use the top of the card for the top of the box, but plain cardstock for the bottom. You wouldn't really want to use the words with someone's signature, LOL! They are tiny, but great for gift cards or little things.

Audra Krell said...

I save all my kids cards, especially the ones with numbers on them, for scrapbooking, like you said. It makes for a great birthday page and then you don't have to buy the expensive background pages.