Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thrifty Idea for Keeping Up with Your Monthly Bills

In the past, I have had a had time keeping bills together, making sure everything was paid, never having my address labels with my bills etc. I recently made me a bill binder. It includes a list of my month bills for each month with extra spaces to write in unexpected bills (dentist, doctor etc), extra envelopes, address labels, payment books, and a holder for my bills I receive in the mail. I made my list of monthly bills on the computer in a chart with spaces to include the due date, amount due and then a space to mark paid. I recycled an old 3 ring binder from work that was going to get throw away. Below is a picture. It has been the handiest thing for me. As soon as I get a bill in the mail, I insert the due date and the amount due and put the bill in the bill holder. Below is a picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another "duh, why didn't I think of that" frugal idea. I was just going to pay $14.95 for something very similiar. I already have some spare 3 ring binders and clear zipper pouches.

Jerry said...

This is a great idea, and it leads me to think of using the "envelope method" in a notebook format. Everything from electric bills to insurance bills can go in one section, and the cash for other recurring bills (grocery, etc.) can go in envelopes in the pockets. I like the idea a lot!
Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my gosh, I love this idea and I'm stealing...I mean borrowing...it! I keep my bills in one spot, but they always get mixed up with 'non-bill' papers. This sounds like a way to see things at a glance! Thanks...I am always boggled by the things I learn from my fellow bloggers!

Bird Stalker Photography said...

Such a simple idea, but so useful! I will be using that !