Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bryson turned 3!!! How I Saved Money on his Birthday Party

Bryson turned 3 on Tuesday!! Where has the time gone?  It is amazing how fast kids grow up.  It seems just like yesterday he was born.  What an exciting and blessed 3 years it has been.

Bryson lovessssss Mickey Mouse!  So of course, I had to have a Mickey Mouse birthday party.  Some may think that I spent way to much on his birthday party but I did try to save money in every way possible.  Yes, I could have a party and spent a lot less money but they are only young once, they have one birthday party year and I think it is something to celebrate. 

The biggest cost for his party was a bouncy house.  There are 3 local places that have these to rent.  I first checked out all three of their websites found a bouncy house at each location that I liked.  I then called to check availability and compare prices.  The one I finally chose beat their competitors by $25.   It was definitely a hit and the kids had a blast.



I purchased the Mickey Mouse birthday "cupcake" cake at Walmart along with other food items need for the party. I keep the food very simple cake, ice cream, chips with dip, peanuts, pickles and I made Mickey Mouse cookies with oreos and mini oreos.  I had a $25 Walmart gift card plus I matched prices with several other items.



I purchased Mickey Mouse plates, napkins, cups, matching plasticware, invitations and some party favors from Toysrus.  I used a $25 gift card.



I didn't spend a lot for decorations.  The decorations consisted of welcome sign made out of posterboard, balloons, a happy birthday banner, Mickey Mouse ears and gloves made from posterboard,  and stuffed Mickey Mouses (that we already had). I also made Mickey Mouse ears instead of party hats with headbands and foam paper.  I headbands for 4/$1 at the Dollar Tree and spray painted them black and then super glued ears to them.  They turned out great.




I added Mickey Mouse ears to our gumball machine and provided pennies for the kids.  This was a huge hit!


I fixed a party favor bag for each child including my two children.  They were a hit too.  I purchased the recycled Disney Mickey Mouse bags at the Dollar Tree for only a $1.  Each bag contained a Mickey Mouse paint set - $1 for the girls or a Mickey Mouse book - $1 for the boys, mini clay set .50 each, Mickey Mouse sucker - .25 each, a bag of Skittles - Free (already had) and Mickey Mouse stickers .10 per sheet of 8.


We had so much fun at the party!  Bryson was wiped out Sunday night.  Next birthday party to plan is not until October.

When planning a party if you plan in advance you can always find ways to save money Purchase things on sale or clearance.  Compare prices for big ticket items such as your gifts.  Use items you already have to decorate with or make them yourselves.  Use your Swagbucks or MyPoints for gift cards to use and cut back on expenses.

No comments: