Monday, February 11, 2013

The Biggest Thing I Saved Money On Last Week

Here is a great example of how keeping a gift closet saves me money.

When I find great gift ideas on sale or clearance I will purchase a couple to add to my gift closet for gifts needed throughout the year.  I always try to have gifts on hand for adults and kids.  I also buy greeting cards when I find a great deal.

Payton was invited to a birthday party Saturday for 2 of her classmates that are twins.  Thankfully, I already had everything I needed for the party.

I had gift bags that I had recycled from Payton's birthday party.  I already had tissue paper and ribbon.  I pulled 2 gifts out of my closet.  Fortunately, I had 2 that were alike so that worked out great.  I didn't have birthday cards and I really didn't want to spend the money on them.  I know that 6 year olds don't really pay that much attention to their cards so I had Payton to make gift tags with supplies I already had.  We used scrapbook paper scraps and 4 foam punch outs.  Making the gift tags turned into a craft session for Payton which she enjoyed especially since she was making them for her friends. 

Here is our gifts:



Do you keep a gift closet?

No comments: