Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Biggest Change I Made To Save Money This Week

A couple of weeks ago, I shared My Biggest Change I Made to Save Money by finally started letting Payton ride the bus in the afternoons 3 days a week.  That cut back saved me 90 miles of traveling.  This week, we started carpooling in the mornings.

A really good friend of mine moved into her new home last week.   Luckily, her home is very close to me and she too has a little girl in kindergarten at the same school as Payton.  We decided to start carpooling in the mornings to save us both some gas money.

We are taking turns driving the girls to school by rotating weeks.  In a month, this will save me and her too 300 miles of driving/gas.  Along with my savings from letting Payton riding the bus in the afternoons 3 days a week, I have cut back my traveling/gas bill by 640 miles.

I know I will see a difference in my gas total this month.

Do you carpool?

No comments: