Monday, January 3, 2011

My Goals for 2011

After reviewing our finances, my life and having a discussion with my husband.  Here is a few goals that I have set for myself that I feel like I CAN achieve in 2011.  Putting them on paper and sharing them with you  motivates me even more to do whatever I need to reach my goals.  Wish me luck!

Goals for 2011:

- Finish paying off our debt!!!

- Work even harder at saving money.

Remember, I am now a stay at home mom now so this has become a little harder but I WILL get it done.

 - Plan my shopping trips each week with the sales and coupons I have.

- Make a menu plan each week with food that we have so I will be prepared and organized if I need to pick up something up.

- Set aside time each to shop without the kids.  I find it so much easier to shop and look for deals when I do not have the kids with me.  This has been on of the reasons that I haven't been "couponing" as much.  I will set aside at least 1 evening/afternoon to shop alone.

- Purchase a laptop computer.  This is one of my personal goals.  I currently have a PC upstairs but I think it would be more convenient to have a laptop that I can use anywhere.  This way I don't have to "plan" a time to go upstairs and get on the computer.  My plan is to save "my" money and purchase a laptop without using any money in our budget and without using any of our savings.  I did receive some money for Christmas so right now I am starting out with $75.   I am also looking for ways to earn a little extra money for this purchase. 

- Set aside time for just ME each week.  Being a mom is one the greatest gifts in life but everyone needs a break and little me time.  I find this time to be rejuvenating and as the saying goes, if moma ain't happy no one is happy.  :)

-
Since the beginning of the year, I have already starting working towards my goals.  Since, I have discussed these with my dh I think it will make it alot easier to accomplish since he is onboard and also wants me to accomplish my goals and save money.  I also joined the Money Saving Challenge at Frugal makes Cents.  Reading this blog daily keeps motivated on finding ways to save money.

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

You are off to a great start because you put your goals into words. I will be with you trying to motivate you every step of the way. I was a stay at home mom until the boys were in high school, so I know you can do it. When you are at home, you have so much more time to do things that save you money.

Maria said...

Precious,

Thanks for your encouraging words. I try to find a way every day, no matter how small or big to try and save money.