Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ways I Saved/Earned Money This Week

Here is a list of things I did to save/earn money in the past week:

- I read all of my Inbox Dollars emails daily to add money to my account.
 
- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily to add points to receive FREE gift cards.

- Did a stockup on groceries - Used $55 in gift cards and only spent $16.00 OOP.  Saved $18.00 by using coupons.  

- Had leftovers for lunch 3 days this week. No food wasted and money saved by cooking something else.

- Continued trying to teach my 3 year old the importance of not leaving lights on or not using lights during the day when they are not needed.
 
- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.

- Updated my Christmas list so I know who I still need to buy for.

- Kept my thermostat on 68 and used my extra blanket on the bed.
 
- Watched 1movie for FREE saved on my DVR, thanks to Starz free weekend on Directv a couple of months ago. 
 
- Started our countdown to Christmas with Payton on Dec. 1st.  Spent no money OOP.

- Installed a door draft catcher at our front door to prevent cold air from entering - saving on heating bill.

- Made all meals out of stockpile.  No money spent on eating out.

- Rented a PPV movie from Directv but used a coupon for FREE movie rental.

 
What did you do to save/earn money this week?

No comments: