Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ways I Saved/Earned Money This Week

I feel productive as far as saving money this week.  Here is a list of things I did to save/earn money. 

- My cousin called to inform me she is sending me lots of clothes/toys/accessories for Bryson.  This will definitely save lots of money.

- I read all of my Inbox Dollars emails daily to add money to my account.

- I read all of my MyPoints emails daily to add points to receive FREE gift cards.

- Skipped a grocery trip this week because I made a menu plan using what I had. At least $50 savings here.

- Two mornings I had FREE cereal for breakfast - samples received in the mail.

- Ordered a $25 gift card from MyPoints for a Christmas present. $25 savings

- Took an inventory of my hygiene/personal to know what to look for on upcoming sales.

- Had leftovers for lunch 3 days this week.  No food wasted and money saved by cooking something else.

- Continued trying to teach my 3 year old the importance of not leaving lights on or not using lights during the day when they are not needed. 

- Grandma babysat so my dh and I could go out to dinner for our anniversary.  No money spent on babysitting.

- Made a birthday card out of scrapbooking supplies that I already had instead of buying one.

- Cleaned out my coupon binder and filed new coupons for future shopping trips.

- Went through toy boxes and storage closet pulling items to take to the flea market Saturday.  I hope to make lots of money there!! :)

What did you do to save/earn money this week?

No comments: