Monday, July 26, 2010

IT'S OFFICIAL.....I AM NOW A STAY AT HOME MOM!!


After much thought, budget planning and prayer, my husband and I have decided that I am not going to return to work. This is something I have often thought about but never really thought it was possible until Bryson was born. The #1 reason that really put us into thinking about it seriously was the price I was gonna pay for daycare. For what I was going to have left at the end of every month with 2 in daycare, was very shocking.
Payton has been going to daycare for almost a year and loved it. She misses her teachers and her friends
and often asks about them. She has learned so much and looked forward to going. In the 6 weeks that she hasn't went, she hasn't been sick and is no longer taking allergy medicine everyday. It does have it pros and cons and hopefully we have made the right decision.
I discussed with my boss a couple of weeks ago and he was very upset that I was not returning but he completely understood my reasons. He is however working at possibly coming up with part time job that would require a few hours a week in the office and then I would be able to work from home too.
In my six weeks at home, I have determined that a schedule is definitely a must. It does vary from day to day with a newborn but I try to stick to it as much as possible. I have also been planning daily activities for Payton. I feel like she needs to keep the daily structure that she had in daycare. Lots of activities, play dates, outings have kept us busy.
Wish me luck on this new adventure and if you have any tips for me, please share.

4 comments:

Dr. Mom said...

Beautiful baby! Good luck as a SAHM!

Anonymous said...

I think you have made a good choice. I stayed at home with my babies and it was the best time and memories. You may have to tighten your belt and not buy everything you WANT (that's what we Americans do, WANT) but the Lord will reward you with wonderful times with them babies.
Cherish every moment they grow up way to fast. Mine, one is starting college in a few weeks and a 16 year old just starting to drive. Enjoy:)

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

I'm SO excited for you! Its definitely a tough, and hard decision, but one that I'm sure you'll never regret! I've been home for 6 years now, and I can't imagine going back.

Congrats on the beautiful baby boy! Your kiddos are adorable! :)

Moonpie said...

I am so happy for you! And congratulations on your bundle of joy. You will be so blessed being at home and create so many wonderful memories with you and your children. God bless you and be with you in this transition!