Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our Thrifty Day Trip to the Lake

Yesterday was Payton's 1st trip to the lake.  If you were to know her father, you would be shocked that she had never been before.  He currently has 2 boats but he has had as many as 4.  He is an avid fisherman and use to go every weekend at least once if not twice.  Since having kids, he does not go that often. We had planned to take her last summer but with a newborn, it never worked out.  Thanks to my dear mom for keeping Bryson, Payton had a day with all the attention on her. 

It was a beautiful sunny day!  It was very hot but we had the water to keep us cool.  We spent the day fishing, swimming, and boat riding. 
















Payton caught the 1st fish of the day!

Of course, I planned ahead and tried to think of every possible way to save money. Here is a list of how I saved money and any money that I did have to spend.

- Breakfast was at home.
- I took a cooler full of water, juice, and drinks for the day.
- I had a bag full of snacks and chips.
- I took toys for backup in case Payton got bored with fishing.  Happy to say I never had to pull them out.
- Took her spray bottle with fan to help keep us cool and that was a lot of entertainment for her to be able to spray us.
- We had all the fishing supplies needed but we did buy 3 dozen minnows for $3
- The only other thing we spent was gas money.  We had gas in the boat but we did have to fill up the Tahoe.

So overall we had a wonderful fun-filled thrifty day of fun.  We hope to go many more times this summer.

No comments: