Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WAYS I SAVED MONEY IN MARCH

This is a list of things I did during the month of March to save money.


- Sold my husbands "junk" car - $300
- Cancelled Insurance Car - Saved $97.03 this year
- I was able to turn the heat off for a total of 10 days
- Bought Payton Spring/Summer clothes and used a coupon for every purchase
- Shopped Goodwill & Bought Shoes for Payton - $2.50 - Regularly $29.50
- Had dinner at Lone Star, Total - $38.00, Used $10.00 coupon I received in the mail, Used $25 gift card, Total Due - $3 plus tip
- Made homemade pizza twice instead of buying one
- Organized Freezer & Pantry - Made an inventory list
- Organized Bathroom Closet (Hygiene Products ) - Took inventory
- Organized Gift Closet (Took Inventory)
- Made a yearly list of birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions.
- Arranged greeting cards in card organizer by month and tagged card for each person and made a list of cards I need to purchase for when I find a great deal.
- Made a new Christmas List for 2009
- Recorded (6) FREE movies on Starz Free Preview Weekend to watch later.
- Watched 4 FREE movies from Cinemax Free Preview Weekend from a couple of months ago.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I made $89 this week selling books to Cash 4 Books! I was thrilled.

Maria said...

Good for you Debbie. I would have been thrilled.

Jennifer said...

How do you find out about the Starz and Cinemax free preview weekends?

Maria said...

Jennifer,

I actually saw the Cinemax FREE preview on another blog and then shared it on my blog. I received an email from Directv on the Starz FREE preview and I shared it with my readers too.

Maria